Friday, August 13, 2010

Happy Friday + Happy Feet


Who knew new shoes could make a gal so darn happy?

Well, I guess Miss Carrie Bradshaw knew.

Yep, she had her priorities in order, and shoes (almost always) were at the top of the list.

When it came to saving money for rent or buying a new pair of shoes, shoes won, hands down.

When prepping to take Mr. Big out on the town for his last night in New York, what did Carrie have to have? Shoes. (Pink, ruffly and gorgeous shoes, if you recall. Hello, lover. That is, until Miranda's water broke.)

And even when getting mugged in the city what did Carrie want to save most of all? Her shoes. (Though she was still left barefoot in a back alley.)

So while they say a diamond is a girl's best friend, shoes come in at a very close second. They always fit and they always look good. What's not to love?

Now, while Carrie's shoe fetish focused on high-end designer heels with hefty price tags-- Manolo Blahnik, Christian Louboutin and Jimmy Choo-- I say there's no reason a girl can't get that same high from slipping on a pair of cute, cheap shoes. That's why I was absolutely giddy last Sunday when I bought three new pairs of shoes for the price of one pair I was contemplating purchasing online the night before. The math makes sense: three is much better than one. (Thank you, Target!)



I found an opportunity to wear my new footwear every chance I could get this week.

For my dad's birthday dinner last Saturday I donned my comfy and casual black flats with shiny detailing. For playing catch up with Abby on Sunday I slipped into my tawny, faux suede wedges that have a low heel height that is perfect for a Amazon woman tall girl like me. And to go to the office on Wednesday, I tied on my tan oxfords, which I paired with my new Ruche dress.


I swear, I had a spring in my step this week. And it was all thanks to my new shoes.

Carrie Bradshaw was definitely on to something.




P.S. Happy Friday! I'm going to be heading out soon to check out a summertime Jazz & Blues Concert Series (that I've wanted to go to for awhile now but never have been to) and celebrate the end of the week with a glass of wine. And you know I'm going to wear one of my new shoes! :) What's on your agenda? Whatever you do, I hope you have a wonderful time!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Paris apartments and accommodation. Paris short term stays for vacation and holiday rentals accommodation. Self catering, family and group holidays and luxury apartments in Paris France.On Holiday-Velvet.com travellers can find and book quality holiday apartments and villas, and selected B&Bs and hotels.
vacation apartments in paris

Amber said...

With fall on the horizon I am currently lusting over an amazing pair of boots I tried on today. Sadly I don't have the money for them right now :(

Shoe shopping makes me so happy :)

Heather Taylor said...

Beautiful shoes! Carrie is so right on, shoes have to come first! A must-have priority for any girl. I'm saving for some special fall shoes myself. Possibly boots or oxfords :)