Thursday, December 9, 2010

Sending some cheer


I'm dreaming of a white Christmas
with every Christmas card I write...

I can’t believe Christmas is just a little more than two weeks away! Can you? When I think about it, I get butterflies in my stomach—mostly because I’m not anywhere close to being done with my gift shopping!

But putting that anxiety aside for a second, I am excited to continue one Christmas tradition I started (seriously) last year: sending Christmas cards! In the past I would faithfully buy cards but end up never sending them—and if they did get where they were supposed to go, it was because they got taped to the top of a present. Which is fine but we all know that the best part of a card is finding it in your mailbox, right? Especially since my postman usually just brings me tons and tons of junk mail and bills, I get a little thrill whenever I find amongst that stack a pretty envelope with a handwritten address from a friend.

Longtime readers will know that last year I offered to send anyone who was interested an old fashioned, signed-sealed-delivered holiday greeting. Many of you replied that you would like to be on the receiving end of my snail mail, and I was so happy to send them!

Last year I actually made my own cards, which was both fun and fantastic but also time consuming. Since I have gotten a late start this year, I doubt that I will be crafting my cards from scratch (though I'll likely jazz them up). But I’d still love to send you one!

So if you would like to get a cheery card from me, and I hope you do, simply send me an email at carissanicole {at} gmail {dot} com with your mailing address. I'll add you to the list!

And don’t worry, I promise to keep it confidential and never ever use it for anything except to send you a bit of holiday cheer!

Thanks for playing along!




P.S. This is totally open to international readers, too. I just hope it will get to you in time!
P.P.S. If you'd like to participate, I need to know your address by Dec. 16 at the latest! :)

Image via we heart it

1 comment:

Phoenix said...

SUCH a cute idea! I love it :) And I'm emailing you my address right now (even though I will see you on New Year's Day!)

And I haven't started ANY of my shopping. Ugh.