Sunday, August 30, 2009

R&R

Hi everyone! I'm back from my vay-cay. The boy and I drove up to Big Bear on Thursday and stayed in a homey cabin near the lake, which was on loan to us by a member of the golf course the boy works at. I meant to post before we left but, as is typical for us, we were running a bit behind schedule and I didn't have time. Then, when we got up to our woodland vacation home, we didn't have wireless internet connection; I didn't even have cell service! We could have gone a mile or two down the road to the local Starbucks and got online if we really wanted to, and while we did consider it a few times (him to check his fantasy standings, me to check my email and blogs), we abstained. Which is a good thing since we were on vacation after all. But now I do have an awful lot of blog posts to catch up on!

I'll post a vacation recap soon. I have some fun photos to share with you! (I took 169 photos in four days!! I think I am a bit snap happy, but I can't help it! I'll just pick a few of the best though to show you, not to worry.) By the way, I never told you guys thank you for all your fabulous "what to do when broke and on vacation" ideas. I really appreciated your suggestions! And I even took you up on a few on them, you'll see...

Anyhoo, I hope you all had a great weekend! It's been so hot here, both in Simi and in Big Bear. And if you live in California, you know about all the wildfires blazing across the Southland and the triple-digit temperatures are definitely not helping. But, on a lighter note, what did you do to beat the heat this weekend? I can't believe summer is almost over. With just a few weeks left, I am feeling like I need to have as much summertime fun as possible. Anyone else feel like that? But as someone who is still feeling the effects of a terrible terrible sunburn, I must tell you: whatever you do, don't forget the sunblock! (I sure won't.)

5 comments:

Amber said...

Sounds like a great vay-cay! Can't wait to hear all the details!!

Ashley said...

I don't think I really beat the heat. It found me. Gosh it is hot. Your vacation sounds lovely.

Andhari said...

The picture's so pretty, I'm glad you had a great vacay. I can't wait for cooler weather :)

Shoshanah said...

I haven't been to the mountain in forever, and I'm a bit jealous!

And while its always crazy hot in Louisiana, its hard to go somewhere that doesn't have air conditioning, so I guess I'm a bit spoiled in that respect.

trishie said...

Ooooo, i'm really looking forward to seeing your photos! the mountains look beautiful.