Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Turkey Day is almost here!


Ever since watching The Pioneer Woman, aka Ree Drummond, kick Bobby Flay's butt on "Throwdown" last week (yay!), I have been over at her cooking site constantly, drooling on my laptop just looking at all her delicious-sounding Thanksgiving recipes.

If I had a spacious kitchen of my very own, I would definitely be making the Cornbread Dressing with Sausage and Apples, and for dessert the Nantucket Cranberry Pie and the Pumpkin Cream Pie. Mmmm, they all sound so scrumptious, right? Alas, I live at home, and all my kitchen utensils are still packed in a box, sitting in the garage. And I can assure you that my mom will have so much going on in every corner of our smallish kitchen that there won't be much room for me to add to the frenzy.

Now, while I was rooting for Ree the whole way, I have to give some kudos to Bobby, too. His Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Spicy Caramel Apple Sauce and Vanilla Bean Creme Anglaise looked amazingly moist and decadent, a great way to end a holiday meal. Again, if I had the space (and the sanity-- the recipe is a bit complicated and time-consuming), I would add it to the Turkey Day lineup.

But you never know. Maybe I can carve out a space to cook and bake at least one of those dishes. For some reason this year I have an incredible urge to cook for Thanksgiving. Perhaps it is because I no longer have my own kitchen and I haven't done much in the way of cooking since I moved home.

So tell me, what are you doing for Thanksgiving? Will you be whipping up some dishes in the kitchen? Or are you letting someone else do all the cooking? :)

Whatever you do, wherever you go and whatever you fill your belly with, I hope you have a joyful Thanksgiving!

And as always, I am thankful for you. Thanks for being here,


Photo via we heart it via little reminders of love. Has nothing to do with the post really, but too darn cute not to share!

3 comments:

Amber said...

It's not Thanksgiving in Canada BUT I'm making Eric and I mashed potatoes, gravy and a walnut loaf this weekend - just because I can and I'm jealous of all the Thanksgiving food everyone is going to be eating ;)

Shoshanah said...

Pumpkin bread pudding sounds like an amazing idea! Although I don't think I could completely give up pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving

You Are My Fave said...

I would have loved to see that episode. Her food always looks amazing. Some people are too domestic.