Thursday, May 5, 2011

Life stories, preserved


StoryCorps has made me laugh and cry once again*. This is such a sweet and funny story about the life of a strong-willed lady with no regrets. I literally laughed out loud while watching the animated short last night and a minute later I had tears in my eyes. I love StoryCorps for its mission to provide Americans of all backgrounds and beliefs the chance to record, share and preserve the story of their lives. What a gift for the families who participate and a gift to all of us who have the opportunity to listen. It may be their story, but it is all of our history. Beautiful.

You can check out StoryCorps' YouTube channel here and learn more about the Brooklyn-based nonprofit here.



*I fell in love with StoryCorps for the first time after watching "Danny and Annie." If you watch it, have a tissue handy. You'll need it.

No comments: