Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Inauguration Day!

Capitol building (spring 2006)

Unfortunately, I missed seeing Barack Obama sworn into office this morning. I had an interview to do at city hall and just saw a snippet of his inaugural address as I was rushing out the door. But I am sure I can catch it later on repeat on TV, or maybe see it online, right? Thank goodness for the internet (and YouTube).


Me in front of the reflecting pool (between the Lincoln Memorial and Washington Monument) in January 2006 during a D.C. internship program. Wish I could have been in the nation's capital today for the inauguration!

Anyway, tons to do being that it is Tuesday (copy deadline day), but I will post later about my MLK Day experience at a Baptist church here in Simi. It was definitely something unlike anything I have experienced, but a lot of fun, too. The connection between MLK and Obama is undeniable and it seemed that yesterday's celebration of Martin Luther King Jr.'s dream held more meaning than in year's past as people saw that dream come to life in our 44th president.

More later.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Hey! I just found your blog on glamour.com. I'm a third-year journalism student myself. Anyways, I like your blog and I'm going to add it to my reader list so I can check in more often :-)