Friday, January 16, 2009

No time like the present


Yesterday I told you my overarching resolution for 2009: to welcome change and move toward transformation instead of scurrying away. So today I thought I would share with you what else I have on my list of to-dos, the smaller alterations that I would like to make in my life that, not coincidentally, also relate to change.

While I am never sure about making resolutions, since the mere act of making them is usually the only success anyone has, I figured it is better to make some resos with good intentions than to not make any at all. The process of recognizing what you should change or better about yourself is worthwhile, I think, even if you stumble or never completely cross that "to-do" off the list.

So here's what I got. There are some pretty typical resos that I think almost every woman resolves to do, probably on a daily basis, but there's a few more personal ones in the mix, too:

  1. Exercise 3x a week (I haven't made much progress on this resolution. I need a big dose of motivation to put on my workout gear and haul my butt off the couch to the gym.)
  2. Eat healthier, meaning more fruits and veggies and less carbs (I am making baby steps on this, but I just love pasta way too much! I mean, I'm not even Italian, but I could eat it like everyday. Tomato, Alfredo, Pesto, Mmm... but I digress)
  3. Save money (This is a tough one. I can barely afford my rent but I really do want to stash a little cash away for the future... or a new car)
  4. Read more, and I don't mean magazines. Got that covered. I would like to read all the wonderful titles sitting on my book shelves so that instead of just looking well-read, I actually am. Maybe one book a month?
  5. Organize my clips and put them in portfolios. Finally. I mean, I got clips overflowing in boxes in my apartment and my parents' house. It's out of control!
  6. Be a better friend. For me, this means reconnecting and staying in touch with my old college roomies, who I love and miss, and even making more time for my friends nearby. I'm thinking Sex and the City-style brunch get-togethers to talk about life, love and--what else?-- window-shopping (Well, it is a recession. And see reso #3).
I'm sure I could go on and on, seems like there are so many things in my life I would like to improve, but I think six is a good enough number for now. Still manageable. 

Well, your turn. What resos did you make? And are you keeping them?


No comments: