Friday, February 13, 2009

Here's to a light-hearted, chocolate-filled weekend

I hope you all have a Happy Valentine's Day! I am not sure what I am doing yet, the bf is not the most romantic guy in the world so we'll have to wait and see. In fact, he just asked me about, oh, an hour ago, what we are doing for Valentine's Day! I joked, "What? You mean, you haven't planned a romantic evening for me??" See, I know him too well and I knew full well he had not planned anything for tomorrow. Honestly, I was just hoping he would remember at all and get me a card. Like I said, I'll just have to wait and see. 

Till then, I just want to eat chocolate. Lately, I have rediscovered my undying love and passion for Hershey's Kisses.

They may not be fancy boxed chocolate, but they are oh-so-delicious and perfectly bite-sized and I can't rip into those foil wrappers fast enough. Having a bag in the pantry is definitely trouble.

I am feeling a little guilty this V-Day because normally I would create cute Valentines for my friends. Or at least buy some adorable pre-mades to hand out with candy. Yes, I am one of those girls. But this year I didn't. But if I had, I would have totally picked up some of these cuties:

I just adore this sweet thieving racoon Valentine from La Familia Green on Poppytalk Handmade, a cool site I found last week that is just like Etsy.

Well, consider this post my Valentine to you. Single or taken, I hope you have a fabulous weekend filled with happiness, chocolate and wine, for good measure.

Oh, and watch this commercial. Not because I want you to buy the cell phone, but because Pepe Le Pew makes me laugh. And you will love it, too!

Kees Kees!


Top image via Jennifer Squires Etsy shop
Kisses image via Associated Content
Valentine card image via La Familia Green

2 comments:

Andhari said...

I love Hershey's kisses myself. But right now I have a box of chocolate truffles. I really smell troubles :P

Amber said...

Ahh all I want to do is eat chocolate too! Good thing there is none in my house...