Anyway, what makes this pretty-much-daily ritual even better is when I actually like the songs that are playing. My go-to station is KIIS FM but I mix it up with Star 98.7 and a little country courtesy KHAY.
Here's a short list of some of the songs that make me smile, make me sing and sometimes, make me sit in the car a little while longer to hear them finish:
- I can't believe I'm saying this but, The Climb by Miley Cyrus. She sounds so grown up on this track and I actually find the lyrics pretty inspiring.
- Dead and Gone by T.I. featuring my celebrity crush, Justin Timberlake. The chorus seriously gets stuck in my head, but I like it. It's safe to say JT will have my heart forever-- he's had it since the oh-so-fabulous days of *NSYNC.
- Two hits by Lady Gaga: Poker Face (p-p-p-poker face) and Just Dance (which just so happens to be the ringtone for my new phone).
- My Life Would Suck Without You by the original American Idol, Kelly Clarkson. She performed the song on AI tonight and did a great job--ok, she might have been straining for a few notes, but it's kind of a tough song. What struck me though is, when sung live, the song seemed to have rock edge that is absent in the highly-produced pop version you hear on the radio. (Btw, her new album, All I Ever Wanted, was released yesterday.)
- Speaking of pop, I heart Circus by Britney Spears. I know there are some Britney haters out there, and I am not a super fan by any means, but I have to say, girl knows how to make a comeback. And Circus just makes me wanna dance. Simple as that.
- Love Story by Taylor Swift. Sweet melody. Sweet girl. Reminds me of a song I would have danced to at my high school prom for some reason... Maybe because of the music video?
- Talk about lyrics getting stuck in your head and playing over and over and over. Don't listen to Right Round by Flo Rida if you need to concentrate or have a clear mind. Do listen to Right Round by Flo Rida if you are getting ready for a night out. Perfect pump-me-up music.
- Finally, but not surprisingly, I'm digging Beyonce. Loved Single Ladies--which may have gotten played out in my opinion--and now I get excited every time Halo comes on. Luckily, the radio doesn't play it so often that I have started to despise it. Dont Cha hate when that happens? (That's my lame attempt at referencing the Pussycat Dolls song.)
So what songs make you smile, sing or just sit for awhile? Do you disagree with any of my picks? Did I leave your fave tune off the list? Love to know (and listen later)!
Image via Whitestrips (as in Crest. haha. Gotta give credit where credit is due)