Friday, June 26, 2009

Nightcap

This is how my night went last night:

9:25 p.m. Boy starts to fall asleep on the couch.
9:30 p.m. I change the TV channel to watch The Next Food Network Star.
9:35 p.m. I just start getting into the show when POP! CRACK! the TV goes out suddenly.
9:36 p.m. I wake up the boy. He does not like what I am telling him.
9:40 p.m. Boy checks TV.
9:50 p.m. Boy determines that TV is broken. The light bulb went out. (Did you know TV's have light bulbs? I didn't.) Boy says they are very expensive to replace. Great.
9:51 p.m. Bored. What do you do when your TV won't work? (Don't answer that question.)
10 p.m. Boy gets a call from two of his friends. They want to go see a movie at 10:30.
10:05-10:30 p.m. Get dressed, pick up the guys, drive to theater, get tickets (after fighting with the self-service machine to read my gift cards), buy overpriced drinks and candy, go to our seats and settle in.
10:40 p.m. The movie's just begun and we are already LOL-ing at The Hangover. Perfect.

Oh how I love spur-of-the-moment, lets-go-DO-something decisions. Especially ones that lead to fun. And The Hangover was pretty damn funny. I'd say it lived up to my expectations, which were pretty high after hearing so much praise and hype from friends and the media. It was definitely over the top and outrageous, but all the craziness in the film has now given me a strong urge to make a break for Vegas this weekend. That won't happen, seeing as I have a wedding shower to go to tomorrow, but maybe one weekend soon I will pack a bag, cut out of town and make a beeline to Sin City. You know, all spur-of-the-moment

So, anyone have any cool plans for this weekend? And if you saw The Hangover, did it live up to your expectations?

P.S. I think I have a crush on Bradley Cooper now.

Hangover image via filmofilia

7 comments:

Andhari said...

Spur of the moment things are always great! I love The Hangover too!! Different with any comedies I have watched before :)

Shoshanah said...

I'm watching the Next Food Network Star too. Its not quite Top Chef, but I still like it.

As you probably remember, I saw The Hangover and really liked it as well.

Wedding shower? That sounds like fun! Although, I've never actually been to one. I've been to baby showers though, which sounds a little backwards.

bianca said...

oh my gosh, the Hangover was amazing. I was laughing so hard the entire time. I'm so excited that they're doing a sequel!!!

Amber said...

Haha we do the spur of the moment movie thing a lot!

We LITERALLY JUST got back from the Hangover! Funny, yes, but it didn't live up to my expectations, unfortunately. I thought it would be a lot funnier. But I did get some good laughs in and enjoyed the storyline. I'd have to say the picture slideshow at the end was the best part!!

It did make me want to go to Vegas though! Haha

Dionne said...

I LOVE the Food Network. The winner from the first season - Guy Fiore is awesome.

Haven't seen The Hangover yet, but I like Bradley Cooper from back in his Alias days, so I will have to check it out.

kadler said...

Haha... sorry about the lightbulb!

But yeah, I love spontaneous trips for anything. Unfortunately, the Hangover is not out yet in Hong Kong, and I'm dying to see it!!

P.S. I'm hosting my first giveaway! Check it out if you get a chance :)

Amy Lynne said...

I loved the Hangover too and I definitely have a crush on Bradley. I like he and Jen together, though so I'll let her have him. I guess.