1. Talking to my parents on the phone, particularly my dad. We don’t do that often but it is nice when we do. (He was officially laid off June 5 and, as you can imagine, he was a bit upset about getting the boot, even though he knew it was coming, so I wanted to check in on him.)
2. The postman delivering my adorable terrarium. It brings a bit of nature inside my apartment.
3. Bumping into old friends at the grocery store. They are getting married in July and I am going to the wedding, but I haven’t actually seen them in a while. Our communication is usually via facebook or MySpace, sad to say. So talking face-to-face was good! (Below is one of their engagement photos, shot by Mary Hawblitzel. Sweet, huh?)
4. Right after that encounter, I went to TGI Fridays and visited with my bestie (who works as a bartender there), her mom (who just happened to also be visiting when I walked in) and my old roomie (who is also a bartender! I never get a short pour, that’s for sure).
5. Sleeping in on Saturday.
6. Having a late lunch with the boy at Jerry’s Deli where I just couldn’t resist ordering the fried zucchini and, despite being stuffed from my turkey on rye, picking up a black and white cookie on the way out. All around, delicious! (That's the Encino location we went to, below.)
7. Getting a rust-colored leather wallet/clutch from Fossil. The boy bought it for me while we “window shopped” at Universal Studios City Walk. (We also picked up a bunch of candy at this store called IT’SUGAR. We’re so bad!)
9. Banana ice cream. My fave.
10. The sun coming back out on Sunday after a June-gloomy week.
So what little things made you smile this week?