2. The “draw your dad” section in my newspaper this week.
3. Rediscovering my navy eyeliner in the bottom of my makeup bag.
4. A fun night out dancing with old friends and even making some new ones.
5. Two delicious egg breakfasts this week: Homemade sun-dried tomatoes and chives scramble with a side of toast and nectarines on Saturday morning (pictured below) and a Canadian bacon Eggs Benedict with potatoes on Sunday at Cheesecake Factory (sorry, no pic! But trust me, it was fabulous).
6. Family time: Father’s Day brunch with my parents followed by an afternoon of playing cards and eating a steak dinner at the boy’s parents’ house. Is there a better way to spend a Sunday?
7. Picking out the perfect gift to give the boy’s niece for her 7th birthday. Polly Pocket, heck yes! (Although, the Polly I remember actually came in a pocket-sized compact… the girl has grown a good three inches since I was a kid!)
8. Hazel falling asleep in my arms on the 30-minute ride home from the boy’s parents' house.
9. Catching up on some TV shows waiting to be watched in the DVR queue: The Bachelorette and True Blood.
Sookie Stackhouse and vampire Bill Compton in Season 1 of HBO's True Blood.
10. An image that speaks an eternal truth: