Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sick baby

So it's Thursday, the day when I finally reclaim a bit of my sanity and a sliver of down time, and I was going to post something fabulous. I don't know what that was, but it doesn't matter now. My precious Hazel is sick with who-knows-what and I am playing the role of a worried mama.

The boy and I have tickets for a Dodgers game tonight, but I am not sure now about going. I would feel so bad leaving my sick baby, especially since I don't know what's wrong with her. I would try to explain, but trust me, it's a little gross and you don't want to know. I did call the vet and they said I could bring her in--and pay an emergency appointment fee since the doc is not in right now--or monitor her and wait till tomorrow. So I am monitoring. I want to take a shower, but I'm monitoring.

She doesn't want to play and she won't drink but at least I got her to eat a little. I knew she wouldn't say no to soft food.

I'll give you an update later.

Ooh, real time update: She just drank water! Hallelujah!

5 comments:

Shoshanah said...

That sounds pretty awful. Hope she's starting to feel better!

Amber (Girl with the red hair) said...

Oh no poor, Hazel!! Does she maybe have heat stroke or something? That sounds terrible! I hope she gets better quick!!

trishiekoh said...

Oh no...hope hazel feels better really soon!

bethany said...

Aw, poor little pup. Hope that drink of water turned things around :)

Ashley said...

I hope Hazel is feeling better!