Monday, November 30, 2009

Ruche: A wish list



Today I met Ruche. (Thanks to Rachel of Elephantine.) And I fell in love with the boutique's pretty, flirty, feminine and relatively affordable pieces that are modern but with a touch of vintage.

While I would gladly welcome any of these beauties into my closet-- which is overflowing, though I still complain each morning that I have nothing to wear-- the item that stole my heart above all others is Pink Studio's tan oxford pumps. Oh, how I love them so, even if the stacked heel would make me nearly six feet tall. And with those slouchy socks it's like school girl meets sophisticate, don't you think? A little sexy, a little sweet.

All during dinner I daydreamed about wearing the laced-up cuties with the khaki "reporter" dress (how perfect is that?) and it took all my willpower not to purchase the oxfords. Or anything else. After a weekend spent spending, aka Christmas shopping, I'm not sure my bank account could handle another purchase. To be honest, I did put the oxfords in my cart and went through the checkout process. I only turned back when the site told me the 15 percent off code had expired (no!). I took it as a sign from the fashion gods not to plunge myself further into debt.

Perhaps Santa will bring me my oxfords this Christmas?

hint hint, wink wink

To help me shake the urge to indulge in a little retail therapy-- and to get you thoroughly acquainted with Ruche-- I have compiled here a visual wish list: (click images to view larger)


Clockwise: Abigail tulip ruffle gray coat, English embroidered trellis dress, potato sac ruffled linen dress and deep purple peonies dress


Clockwise: Pink Studio's "Jona" oxford pumps in tan, khaki 1930s reporter dress, cream over the knee socks by Betsey Johnson and butternut squash peacoat by Tulle

Below: raspberry crochet blooms sweater cardigan over perfect lbd little brown dress





all images via Ruche 

9 comments:

Amber said...

All those dresses are so beautiful! I especially like the yellow coat :)

Dionne said...

Ooh lala, I want all these pretty, whimsical clothes!

You Are My Fave said...

Seriously, I want the entire store.

Anonymous said...

I love your wish list, those are such cute looks!

Elizabeth Marie said...

Ruche is so gorgeous! I want it all.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I am such a fan of Ruche. She stocks gorgeous pieces!

Dionne said...

Hey Hun!
Stoppping by again to grab your email address. I am getting together all the info for the Blogger's Get Together, and will email it over to you. You can email it to me at spotty_zebra@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Andhari said...

pmg that coats and the pumps, how english dorm students. Seriously. I WANNA WEARRR THEMMM :) with the skirt of course.

bethany said...

Oh, Carissa...why did you have to go and share that link? Now all my money will be spent, spent, spent! :)

Hope you're having the happiest of holiday seasons, you lovely lady!