Friday, June 17, 2011

Feelin' sassy

Remember when I told you that I bought myself a bright red lipstick? (And I used Marilyn Monroe's birthday as an excuse?)

Well, late last night I was feeling a bit bored and decided to put on aforementioned lipstick, which I had received a week or so prior but had not yet tested.

I slicked that baby on my lips, added a little black eyeliner to really get into the Marilyn Monroe-mood and then this happened:


Yep. You can't leave a bored Carissa unattended with makeup and Photo Booth. Silliness will inevitably ensue. All while crooning to Natasha Bedingfield's latest CD, "Strip Me," and a little Adele thrown in for good measure.

Now, about the lipstick. It's Kat Von D's Painted Love Lipstick in Underage, which as you can see is a bright crimson. It's a bit pricey at $18 (I usually satisfy my urge for new lips products at the drugstore, though I did fall prey once to a gorgeous gold tube of YSL lipstick that put me back 35 bucks) but it had such glowing reviews on Sephora that I couldn't resist. And while I have plenty of pink lipsticks and glosses, I didn't have any true reds in my collection. Plus, who can say no to that awesome tattoo-inspired packaging?


Thankfully, the lipstick is worth every penny. The color is a bit shocking in the tube but I think it looks very flattering on and could easily be dialed down with some balm or gloss. But what I love most is that it delivers rich, saturated color that didn't dry out my lips and didn't budge during my singing-modeling sesh :) I'd say I had it on for at least two hours and it looked like I had just applied it when I finally went to wash my face and hit the sheets.

And perhaps most importantly, putting on that spicy red lipstick made me feel sassy! I'm planning on going out dancing with the girls tonight to celebrate a friend's birthday and you can count on my new, red, look-at-me lips making an appearance. I'm really going to paint the town red!

What's made you feel sassy (and perhaps a bit silly) lately?



Lipstick photo via Amazon

8 comments:

Amber said...

OMG love those photos! You do look amazing. And sassy!!

Anonymous said...


oh.. so nice post.)
Love your blog.))

Sorry, i wanna be your reader but I din't see a button in your blog...)

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

You look so fierce. Rawr. Red lipstick is one of my must haves for makeup. When I'm on the run and don't have time to do my makeup, red lipstick does the trick. It gives me that fully made up look without having to exert much effort.

Dionne said...

I love this look on you. So smoking! I personally have never even tried on red lipstick before. I am allergic to most brands, and I don't even know if Burt's Bees has a red shade :(

rachel said...

oh la la! you look so pretty :) I love wearing red lipstick... at home. I'm still too nervous to wear it out and about :)

Helen said...

Carissa!!! You look fabulous! Red is your color. Seriously.. fabulous.

Phoenix said...

HOT!!! Work it, girl! I think red lipstick looks very kickass on you, indeed. And while singing to Natasha Bedingfield? Oh, you and I are such sisters, believe me (I'm totally obsessed with Natasha Bedingfield at the moment). I love the photos and I love the fresh personality that comes with 'em!

YAY!!!

boby said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.