Thursday, August 4, 2011

In the genes


Awhile back, while browsing a selection of dresses on sale at ASOS, I noticed an interesting pattern emerge. Many of the frocks I was flocking to were by the same designer: Vero Moda. Not long after making this realization, I came upon another: Vero Moda is a Danish fashion house! Being that I am half Danish, I was quite tickled by this discovery. (My mother's parents emigrated from Denmark-- she was actually born in New York, not long after they got off the boat! At least, that's how I tell the story.)

Not that I need any excuse to shop, but this fact motivated me to purchase the two Vero Moda dresses pictured above: the Printed Dress with Elasticated Waist (not a very sexy name, and out of stock online, sorry) and the Floral Frill Waist Dress.

Though Vero Moda is new to me, it's not exactly new to the fashion scene. It made its mark by using beautiful babes Kate Moss and Gisele Bundchen in their marketing campaigns. According to the house's "about me," Vero Moda focuses on quality, affordable and inspiring clothing with a range of dresses and tailored garments that embrace the essence of current trends while still maintaining a practical edge.

Sounds like the kinds of designs I'd like to fill my closet with!

So today, I revisited ASOS to take a peek at what's new in the world of Vero Moda. And I was absolutely smitten with their floaty chiffon dresses, sheer billowy sleeves and adorable-sometimes-funky prints-- all with the perfect touch of the 70s, which is so on trend this season. Below are my faves:





It is so hot outside with temperatures climbing into the 90s and fall seems so far away right now, but I think each of these dresses would look fantastic with some opaque black tights or a great pair of camel-colored boots. I may have to scoop up one or two... Hey, what can I say? It's in the genes. :)

Have you made any fashion discoveries lately?

xoxo,

6 comments:

Dionne said...

OMG - I am in love with her style! She is now a favorite of mine! Dang!

Unknown said...

Ooh! THe long sleeve polka dot dress is ADORABLE! And it's nice to see you again, Carissa!

Dionne said...

I decided I am going to buy some of her stuff. Love it all! Thanks again for the intro!

Carissa Thilgen said...

yay, glad you loved it Dionne!

jack said...

That is where the Discount Coach Purses into play. There are authentic handbags that are being sold for extensive prices on certain sites.Four Tips Before Buying Coach Purses You can find great shameful discounted coach purses for retailing on live sale sites that tolerate you to bid on these bags for fractions of the retail prices. For the prices that you would see on the LV website or eluxury.com, you are receiving a bargain on authentic discounted coach pursesonline.

Buy RevitaDerm said...

You can find great shameful discounted coach purses for retailing on live sale sites that tolerate you to bid on these bags for fractions of the retail prices. For the prices that you would see on the LV website or eluxury.com, you are receiving a bargain on authentic discounted coach pursesonline.