Monday, August 29, 2011

SJP to the rescue!


Oh my, I'm in love with this look.

Glamour was asking its readers today if the ensemble Sarah Jessica Parker wore to the premiere of her new flick "I Don't Know How She Does It" is a DO or a Don't. And I say wholeheartedly, "DO!"

She looks like a sexy superhero! A couture fashion goddess! Now, I'll admit, no mere mortal could pull off this daring Giambattista Valli gown and matching cape-- in fire engine red, no less. But I applaud a little risk on the red carpet. Movie openings, galas-- that's the time for celebrities (and wanna-be's with an invite) to have fun with fashion, not to play it safe. And yet, I'm often let down by lackluster looks that are in desperate need of a shot of attitude.

Luckily, we can count on a certain crimson-clad, cape-draped superwoman to spice things up.

How does she do it? :)

So tell me, what do you think of SJP's look? Fierce and fabulous, or fashion overkill? As a die-hard "Sex and the City" fan-- I'm watching first season TV reruns as I type-- I am firmly in the SJP-can-do-no-wrong camp, but I'd love to hear what you think!

xoxo,


Image via Glamour

No comments: