The first blog award I ever received was from my very first commenter, the lovely Amber over at Amber Alert. She gave me the Cute’s Blog Award. She gave it to me awhile ago and I have been holding on to it for too long. Time to give it away!
I am uncute when…
1. I wake up in the morning. Think tangled hair, major cowlick, lines on my face from the pillow and sleepy eyes with remnants of mascara that wouldn’t budge.
2. I bite my nails. Such a bad habit that I just can’t seem to break!
3. I work out. My face gets all sweaty and red—as bright as a tomato, really—and my thighs jiggle. Nuff said.
4. I wear sweats all day. Working at home leads to many uncute moments.
5. I have greasy hair from not taking a shower. Again, working at home leads to uncute moments. My boyfriend can attest.
6. I pig out on Ben & Jerry’s Chunky Monkey. Soo good!
7. I am stressed out. Nothing like a high-pressure situation to bring out the bitch in me. My boyfriend gets the brunt of that though.
8. All my laundry is dirty and I have nothing to wear but pajamas, baggy shirts or dirty jeans. Ew.
9. I am sick. But isn’t everyone? I complain a lot though when I am sick. That’s not cute.
10. I am in pictures. I am not the biggest fan of pictures of myself, particularly candid shots. I hate those! My dad likes to do the sneak attack shots when I am not ready. Geez.
I would like to present the Cute’s Award to these five “cute” blogs written by some lovely ladies:
Next on my list of blog awards is one Shoshanah over at From L.A. to LA gave me on Monday. It is the Fabulous Blog Award and the rules are I list five of my guilty pleasures and then pass it on to five people.
1. Nutella. If you haven’t had this chocolatey, hazelnut spread you are missing out. On calories and yumminess, but mostly yumminess. I literally had to look away when I passed it in the store the other day.
2. The amazingly creamy Tuscan Tomato & Basil Bisque at Vons/Pavilions. It is to die for in a sourdough bread bowl, both literally and figuratively because it has like 30 grams of fat per serving, which is less than half the container! Oh why must I love it so? (same goes for fried zucchini...)
3. Reality shows like The Hills, The City, Dancing with the Stars and American Idol.
4. Cheesy romantic comedies, in particular, Lifetime movies. I am such a sucker for a chick flick.
5. Magazines, because I buy so many that my boyfriend said I am single-handedly keeping Conde Nast in business.
*I almost put Sex and the City on that list, but I don’t feel guilty about watching that one bit!
The five Fabulous blogs I want to send this award to are:
1. A Cup of Jo (One of the first blogs I read that inspired me to start my own)
2. Amber Alert
4. Miss Jane
5. Double Takes
The next two awards I have to hand out were actually given en masse to the blogger’s entire readership/blogroll. Even though they weren’t given to me individually, per se, I am going to pass ‘em out anyway, because I feel generous and I like giving out awards!
Without further ado, I’d like to send the Honest Scrap award (which I got from Shoshanah) to these seven blogs that always give it to you straight (I think I am supposed to send to 10, but rules be damned):
6. Working Girl
With this award, I'm supposed to tell you 10 honest things about me, but I already told you 10 uncute things (and they were pretty honest). So if you really want to know more about me, in numbered form, click here and here.
I have given a lot of awards out now, so I am going to do the somewhat-lazy thing and give the last award (which I got from Amber) out to all my readers. Kind of a thank you for reading and I think you and your blogs are wonderful!
So this is for you!
Have a great weekend!